Why renew with WeedRecs instead of my current doctor?
Spend less money with WeedRecs.com
- GUARANTEED LOWEST PRICE IN CALIFORNIA
Spend less time waiting with WeedRecs.com
- MOVE TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE
- IMMEDIATE TURN-AROUND TIMES
Renew from anywhere and anytime with WeedRecs.com
- NO APPOINTMENTS
- NO WAITING ROOMS
- NO NEED TO ADJUST YOUR SCHEDULE TO YOUR DOC
What do I need to be eligible for renewal?
A valid credit card or debit card.
Please have your expired (or soon to expire) certificate or recommendation letter available.
We'll accept 3-MONTH grace period on all physician recommendations.
Valid state-issued identification, such as driver's license, state-ID, passport, DOD Common Access Card, etc.
- "Marijuana cards" must be issued by the California Department of Public Health’s (CDPH) Medical Marijuana Identification Card Program (MMICP) and must be verifiable.
- If your plastic card doesn't resemble the below image, it has not been issued by the CDPH. Therefore, it is not a state-issued card and does not provide you certain benefits, like tax-exemption with your purchases.
Online Health Questionnaire with Digital Certificate (PDF)
You will receive a digital copy of the doctor's recommendation for medical marijuana.
Online Health Questionnaire with Paper Certificate (with raised seal and ink signature)
You will receive the doctor's recommendation for medical marijuana as:
- digital copy
- actual paper certificate that will have a raised seal and ink signature of the doctor
Rest assured that your medical records will be maintained in our HIPAA-compliant, secure system. Any information you provide will NOT BE ACCESSIBLE by your health insurance company, employer, or any other entity.
We don't want you to pay extra money for something that you don't need. Some dispensaries or delivery services insist that an original recommendation with raised seal and ink signature be presented for access. If so, or if you want to have flexibility to go to any dispensary or use any delivery service in the state, we recommend that you spend the extra $12, which covers materials, service time and postage. We'll send you the actual recommendation certificate with a raised seal and original signature, and you should receive it in 2-3 days by US mail (faster service available).
Just so you are aware and informed, neither the California Medical Board nor any other regulatory agency requires that recommendation certificates display any embossment or seal. In fact, there is no standardized or uniform seal! That's why different recommendations from different doctors have different seals! THE DIGITAL COPY THAT YOU RECEIVE BY EMAIL SHOULD BE ALL YOU NEED TO GET YOUR WEED!
For more information, please check the Myths and Misconceptions section of our site: https://www.weedrecs.com/myth/